Are you considering replacing your garage floor before the start of spring? With the cold winter temperatures settling in across Denver, Littleton, Centennial, Highlands Ranch and Greenwood Village areas of Colorado you may be wondering if now is an ideal time to begin renovation projects. Now is a great time to beat the summer rush. Your garage space is a controlled temperature environment, so freezing temps, snow and rain won’t hinder curing concrete. In this blog post we’ll discuss why it can be beneficial to consider repairing garage floors during the winter months in Colorado! Visit our website for more information: www.driveways4less.com
1. Improved safety – If your garage floor has trip hazards or heavily sloped due to heaving, ice and water build up creates a slippery surface. Replacement can reset the slope back to 2-3%, which can reduce the risk of slips, trips and falls.
2. Increased durability – Newer garage floors are often made from materials that are better able to withstand extreme temperatures and wear and tear. This means they are much less likely to crack or heave due to extreme temperatures, making them more durable.
3. Improved performance – New products like subsurface moisture barriers, surface water proofing sealers and epoxy coating will make your not only keep your new garage floor looking great, but also make clean up and showcasing a breeze
4. Easier maintenance – Creating a surface with appropriate drainage means all snow and ice-melt will drain towards the garage door opening like your garage was originally designed to do.
5. Improved aesthetics – Replacing an old, worn-out flooring material in your garage can improve its overall appearance and make it look much nicer. This can be especially beneficial if you’re planning on selling your home in the near future.